Hebden Bridge Chess Club will again host this competition this year. It will be held at The Trades Club, Holme Street, Hebden Bridge.
As always we’d like to encourage as many players as possible from across Calderdale to take part. Here are all the details for this year’s competition:
The Championship is a five round Swiss tournament and will be held on the following dates:
Round 1: Monday 9 November, 2015
Round 2: Monday 7 December, 2015
Round 3: Monday 11 January, 2016
Round 4: Monday 8 February, 2016
Round 5: Monday 7 March, 2016
Pairings will be displayed at 7:30 p.m. and each round will start at 7:45 p.m. Re-pairings will be made at 8:15 p.m. If a player fails to arrive by 8:15 p.m. they will be assumed not to be playing in that round. Objections to the draw should be made at the League A.G.M.
The time limit is 36 moves in 75 minutes. For re-paired games the time limit is 30 moves in 60 minutes. Each clock is then set back 15 minutes and the game must be completed in the time remaining.
The Timeform Cup will be awarded at the League A.G.M.; cash prizes will be awarded after the fifth round as follows:
Winner: £25 The winner also holds the Timeform Cup for one year.
Grading prizes: £10
The entry fee is £3.50 per player, juniors (under 16) £2.50 per player.
One half-point bye may be taken in any one of the first four rounds provided that the controller is notified at least 24 hours in advance. Any player who is unable to play in any round must notify the controller at least 24 hours before the round is due to begin. A player who fails to play in a round without having first notified the controller may be deemed to have withdrawn from the competition.
In the event of a tie for winner or runner-up, the positions will be decided first by the result of the individual games between the tied players, if any, and then by progressive scores. If there is still no clear winner or runner-up, opponents’ grades or opponents’ scores may be used as further tie-breaks.
Mobile phones must be turned off or set to silent mode within the playing hall. If a player’s phone rings during their game, they will be automatically disqualified.
How to enter
Please contact John Kerrane if you would like to enter via
Tel: 01422 842 426
Entries should be registered by Sunday 8th November 2015 at the latest.
Matthew Parsons won the 2014-15, 2013-14 and 2012-13 competitions. Darwin Ursal won the 2011-12 edition. View the reports and games from the last four years below.
- Round 1: November 2014 – Report and games
- Round 2: December 2014 – Report and games
- Round 3: January 2015 – Report and games
- Round 4: February 2015 – Report and games
- Round 5: March 2015 – Report and games
- Round 1: November 2013 – Report and games
- Round 2: December 2013 – Report and games
- Round 3: January 2014 – Report and games
- Round 4: February 2014 – Report and games
- Round 5: March 2014 – Report and games
- Round 1: November 2012 – Report and games
- Round 2: December 2012 – Report and games
- Round 3: January 2013 – Report and games
- Round 4: February 2013 – Report and games
- Round 5: March 2013 – Report and games